Stock Chart’s main purpose is to display financial charts, however it can be used for visualizing any date(time) based data. It is a powerful application that lets you forget about most of the boring parts in building complex statistical systems. It has built-in period and data set selection tools, and can group data to longer periods. This enables you to make drill-down charts without any additional coding, using one data file only. Click on “MAX” button below the chart and you will notice that the chart displays monthly data. Click the “1 Month” button, and you will see that the chart now displays daily data. This is done without any data reloading!
- Supports Line, Column, Candlestick, OHLC, Step Line chart types.
- Can display data at irregular intervals.
- The data might be yearly, monthly, daily, hourly. It can also contain minutes, seconds and milliseconds.
- If there are more data points in the selected period than indicated, the data can be grouped into longer periods – weeks, months, years. You can choose the value that you want to show for the period – open, close, average, sum, low or high.
- Multiple charts (panels) with the same x axis can be displayed.
- Panels can be added/removed at run time.
- News tickers (events) can be displayed.
- Users can draw trend lines on a chart.
- Two Y axes (left and right).
- Logarithmic scale.
- Smoothed lines.
- A very comfortable scrollbar.
- Predefined and custom period selectors.
- Multiple data sets can be used.
- Can recalculate data to percents when comparing one data set with another.
Supports all modern browsers
We use SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) to render the charts. This technology is supported by all modern browsers including (but not limited to) modern versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer (since v.9). For older versions of Internet Explorer we use VML technology, which allows even IE6 users to view our charts. Our charts also run on mobile devices powered by iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) and Android (since v.4).
Free even for commercial use
You can download and use all amCharts products for free. The only limitation of the free version is that a small link to this web site will be displayed in the top left corner of your charts.